Here are the steps to install the IonCube loader in cPanel for use with the phpListings software:
- Log in to cPanel.
- Scroll down to the "Software" section and click on "Select PHP Version".
- Make sure you are using PHP 7.4 or 8.1 for the domain name.
- Click on the "Options" button in the top right corner.
- Check the box next to "ionCube Loader" and click "Save".
That's it! IonCube Loader should now be installed and enabled on your cPanel account.
you do not have the "Options" button in the "Select PHP Version"
section in cPanel, it means that your hosting provider has disabled this
feature. In this case, you will need to contact your hosting provider
and ask them to enable the option for you.
Alternatively, you can manually install IonCube Loader on your server by following these steps:
- Download the appropriate IonCube Loader package for your operating system and PHP version from the IonCube website.
- Upload the package to your server using an FTP client or cPanel's File Manager.
- Extract the package contents to a directory on your server.
- Edit the php.ini file for the PHP version you are using and add the following line at the end of the file: zend_extension = /path/to/ioncube_loader.so
- Replace "/path/to/ioncube_loader.so" with the path to the IonCube Loader file you uploaded to your server.
- Save the php.ini file and restart the web server.
After completing these steps, IonCube Loader should be installed and enabled on your server.